Why I Write Romance & A Big Thank You!

My book is just a week from being released into this world, and there are so many I have to thank for my writer's dream come true.

You always hear about the solitary writer's life, but it's equally true that the road to publication isn't possible without a good support system. Along the way, many people have helped. And I owe many thanks.

Some without even realizing it, by simply inspiring me, and some with their encouraging words and guidance.

My writing community friends have offered me comfort when the rejections came, cheered my successes, and helped me keep my dreams alive. Southern Magic, Kiss of Death, FFnP,  Authors of Asian Novels and FTHRW -- you've been lifelines.

My beta readers and crit partner have shared honest feed back and kicked me in the behind when I needed it. You all have made me a better writer.

My family & friends have loved and supported me even when they didn't understand my dreams. That's is priceless.

One man, my darling husband, has stood by me through it all. We came from different world -- a quiet, hardworking cotton farmer from West Texas and a spit-fire Asian feminist and writer.

He's been next to me when I almost died giving birth, he's been there when the book of my heart got rejected over and over, and he's been there every step of my writing journey. He's picked me up from my lowest point, and he's celebrated every little success in my life since we met.

I was a journalist when I met him, but thanks to my husband's encouragement I was able to reach for cotton-candy dreams and make them come true. Not only did he keep the kids and gave me writing time, but his steady support gave me the courage to pour my heart out on paper, uncensor my mind and share my deepest thoughts.

None of my stories would be written without him. And here's his latest gift to me:



Yes, my farmer has many talents & a true heart.

Why do I write romance? Because I found out true love is real and I want others to believe in it too.

11 comments:

  1. So great that you have so many people to support you! Often times that makes a difference in success and people giving up on their dreams. Can't wait til your upcoming release :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congratulations to you!! I wish you tons of sales and great reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy release week, Mina. I'm so very excited for you...in oh, so many ways. This is a fantastic book and I'm pleased to have read it in its infancy and watched it grow and blossom into an amazing story. Everyone should read this book. No, seriously. Everyone.

    L. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi y'all! Thanks for visiting, and thanks for being a part of my life :)

    And as my Mom would say: May the words fly from your mouths to God's ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on release week. Love the picture of you and your husband dancing. True love IS real... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your release. So happy for you. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!
    With just a week to go before the book's release I'm sure you must be excited! I'm sure you must have helped so many others along the way in their writing journeys - Good Luck and wishing you Great Sales!
    Anju Gattani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting y'all! And you're right Anne...true love is real :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful post. A supportive spouse is the most wonderful gift God can give a writer. Thanks for the shout out and here's to many more success posts from all of us. :D (Raising a toast.)

    Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, bunk mate! Many congrats on your new release, and I'm sure it's just the first of many.
    I love that your man is so supportive, but then, he must know how lucky he is to have you.

    Hugs!
    Kaylea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Hugs!* Victoria & Kaylea, thanks for visiting & your friendship :)

    ReplyDelete